How I'm using opensource software and old hardware I have lying around to build a home lab.
- For starters I went with a smaller 2 post rack.
- And a couple of shelves.
- A buddy of mine provided me with an old Netgear GSM7224.
- No cost there :-)
- The fans that come in these switches are known to get pretty loud.
- I replaced the original fans in it with a pair that are nearly silent.
- I love how quiet these are!
- I have an old netbook with an atom processor and about 1G of ram.
- Enough to test pfSense, among other things.
- For my starter docker host, I have and old Samsung laptop with an i5 and 8g of ram.
- Good enough for hosting my docker swarm
- This ghost blogs host
Subscribe to Home Lab
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox